Friday, February 5, 2010

None for you!!!

Made a phone call today to the newspaper. I asked what their policy was on printing same-sex engagement and wedding announcements. Their response - "we don't print them." Well then...that answers that. I spoke directly to the editor of the newpaper. Maybe I should have challenged him, but at the end of my week I really didn't have the energy.

When I got off the phone with the editor I called the "story idea" line. I spoke with the assistant city editor and suggested the idea of doing an article about how challenging it is to plan a same-sex wedding in Yakima. He actually sounded a bit interested and asked me some questions about what challenges we have had. He said that he would speak to the city editor and get back to me. He did say that it sounded like an interesting story. Cross your fingers that they think it is a good idea. My hope is that if the story does get published it will empower other couples to get married if they want to.

I will keep everyone posted on any developments.

1 comment:

  1. Hey if they do the story that would be your announcement. Better than a four liner in the paper. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete