Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Our new book

We got a book today ... "The New Guide to Gay and Lesbian Weddings."

After my interaction yesterday with "cake lady" it was a welcome relief to get this book. I'm excited to read it and want to read it from start to finish! It's packed full of tips and ideas. Prepare to see quotes from the book here from time to time as I go through it.

Like this one ... " ... by denying same-sex couples the choice to legally wed, society is encouraging those relationships to be insecure and taken less seriously."

At this point I have not responded to "cake lady's" email... I have, however, spread the word to my friends that she is not a person to do business with. Discrimination is never okay. Ultimately, I am glad that I didn't do business with her because I would not want to support her in any form or fashion. As my good friend Amie says, "She's an ignoramus." Well said!

So goodnight all.... and thank you to all of my loved ones for your amazing level of support. I know it's going to be a long road, but we are committed to doing this and paving the way for other gay couples out there.

2 comments:

  1. You admit that it is a "non-traditional" wedding. I support your choice - fought with a non-tradional wedding of my own. Don't be discouraged by the "cake-lady" and her husband. He especially seems to be of the traditional vein.

    ReplyDelete
  2. James is right. Don't let the "cake lady" and her husband discourage you. Its their loss due to their ignorance.
    I did a lot of research online for gay or gay friendly business's and was able to find some in our area. We were lucky that we didn't experience discrimination at all throughout our wedding planning. Although, you are correct discrimination is never ok but just keep looking and keep your chin up. :)

    ReplyDelete