Monday, February 8, 2010

Registry, bridesmaids, and flowergirls ... OH MY!!!

We have so many decisions to make and this is only the beginning....

To have bridesmaids or not to have bridesmaids? To have flower girls or not to have flower girls? Today Sara informed me that she didn't know if we should have bridesmaids. Then she added that she didn't know if we should have flower girls... What are everyone's thoughts on this? I'm wishy washy on the bridesmaids, but I do really want flower girls... Maybe I want flower girls so badly because I was a flower girl when I was little.

And the registry... We have decided that we are going to register at Target, but should we register at more than one place? I have had two people flat-out ask me about gifts... I told someone that I was getting married and the first thing out of her mouth was, "hit me up for a gift." Hmm.... Then today I had someone ask me a little about the wedding and then ask if I was registered yet. I said no, and she said, "let me know where when you do register." Goodness gracious. Should we be registering this early?? And do we really need to register at more than one place?

Back to the bridesmaid/flower girl dilemma.... I think the thing behind it may be that we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. And, we really can't afford to pay for everyone's dresses... As usual, we welcome anyone's opinion. [ just don't be sad if we don't listen to yours! :-) ]

3 comments:

  1. I think the wedding should be about the two of you. You are having what everyone is calling a non-traditional wedding, so don't make it so traditional. Think of ways to make it special for the two of you. Target is a great place to register.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and why is it that i (sara) get ignored when i jump, yell, and shout REI!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!!! and YES!! I WISH I would've registered at REI!!! We registered at target and Linens N Things, and we only got one or two gifts from Linens N things. One place is fine, but REI and Target would be WAY better! But somehow make sure people give you gift reciepts from Target, cause their return policy can be sketchy.
    And Yes I think you should have Bridesmaids. WE didn't want to pay for dresses either, so we just told them our colors and said wear what you want-but try to pick something close to our colors. And it turned out great! Our colors were brown and green, so it was pretty simple-that way if they already have a dress-they can wear it or spend what they want on something.
    Love you and miss you. Good luck on the rest of your plans! PS. Do I get an announcement?

    ReplyDelete